OrthoServiceLine.com, a free resource to the orthopedic community sponsored by Wellbe, is hosting a complimentary webinar with John Fink and Todd Godfrey, Senior Managers with ECG Management Consultants, titled “The Value-Based Musculoskeletal Service Line.”
As healthcare reform continues to impact the provision and payment of care, hospitals and healthcare systems are challenged with redesigning the way musculoskeletal (MSK) services are delivered. Reimbursement and incentive structures are evolving toward value-based models and, in turn, organization must evaluated their MSK service lines to ensure that they are:
- Integrated – MSK services must encompass the complete continuum of care and bother operative and nonoperative services need to be designed around preventive medicine, acute care, and post-acute care.
- Scalable – Prevailing MSK service lines will be aligned with strategic partners to secure needed services and enhance market coverage, strategically and efficiently deploy capital for resources, cultivate population health competencies, and achieve economies of scale.
- Rationalized – In addition to reducing costs and enhancing efficiencies, leadership of MSK services across a system of care increasingly must consider the consolidation or redistribution of key programs (e.g. Joint replacement) to optimize resources and ensure high-quality care is provided in the most accessible manner.
- Informed – MSK service line leadership will be well informed about potentially drastic shifts in the payment environment at the local, regional, and national level. Further, they will effectively leverage operational and clinical data to inform the decision-making process.
- Responsive – In addition to being informed, high-performing MSK programs will exhibit lean, vertical, and proactive leadership and decision-making structures that decisively drive the organization forward, particularly during times of change and uncertainty.
During this 60-minute webinar, John Fink and Todd Godfrey will share examples of how organizations are developing innovative MSK service line programs to keep pace with the shift toward a value-based environment.
The Value-Based Musculoskeletal Service Line
Date/Time: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1-2PM EST
Register here: http://www.orthoserviceline.com/category/events/
OrthoServiceLine.com is a free resource for orthopaedic service line leaders designed to give them actionable insights and ideas to grow and streamline their programs. OrthoServiceLine.com is sponsored by Wellbe, Inc.
About the Speakers:
John Fink is a Senior Manager with ECG and has been providing healthcare consulting services since 1991. He assists healthcare provider organizations with strategic and business planning, hospital/physician alignment, new business ventures, and mergers and acquisitions. John uses his experience to effectively package communications to stakeholders and efficiently guide diverse groups of individuals as they make complex decisions. He is certified as a Project Management Professional by the Project Management Institute, Inc., and he maintains membership in the Healthcare Financial Management Association and Health Care Compliance Association. John received an MBA and a bachelor of science degree in finance from Indiana University. John is a frequent speaker and author on the topics of orthopedics, hospital/physician integration, and payment reform.
Todd Godfrey is a Senior Manager with ECG and has a focused background in MSK services. He regularly advises clients on performance-based incentives between surgeons and health systems, as organizations position their MSK service line to assume risk and manage populations. Todd’s ability to build working, trusted relationships with both senior hospital leadership and physicians is an attribute of his successful facilitation of hospital/physician alignment transactions. He has successfully designed physician compensation methodologies, as well as developed and implemented orthopedic service lines. Prior to joining ECG, Todd gained experience in orthopedic surgery service lines through his roles at both Boston Medical Center and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Todd is both a speaker and author on topics related to orthopedic, hospital/physician alignment, and medical group performance improvement.
About Wellbe (http://www.wellbe.me)
Wellbe, the inventor of the cloud-based Guided CarePath®, works with health providers to engage patients as partners in their episodes of care. Our Guided CarePaths empower patients to learn and take the actions required to achieve better outcomes at lower costs. High-performing hospitals use Wellbe’s Connected Care solutions to improve the experience and efficiency of helping patients to succeed with their medical treatments and surgeries.