Wellbe, the leading provider of Integrated Care Delivery solutions for hospital service lines, has advanced its Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) Collection capabilities for orthopedic and spine programs. These capabilities have become increasingly important after Medicare put a stake in the ground on measuring quality through patient-reported outcomes by including PRO measures as part of a composite quality score in the recently enacted Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) bundled payment model.
Wellbe will be showcasing its PRO capabilities this week in Booth #506 at the American Association of Orthopedic Executives (AAOE) Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
The new advancements in Wellbe’s PRO Collection solution are:
- An authorized data partnership with the American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR), the official registry of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, to collect PRO data on behalf of hospitals for registry submission.
- Support for the International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement’s Hip & Knee Osteoarthritis Standard Set of outcome measures as an official ICHOM Technology Affiliate.
- A new Surgeon DataCard service to provide physicians timely feedback from their patient populations to identify performance improvement opportunities.
While collecting PROs can be extremely important, it can be a challenging task with a high administrative burden. Wellbe’s PRO Collection capabilities have helped hospitals get functional outcomes from more than 80% of hip and knee replacement patients automatically, with no additional staff effort.
“Wellbe has allowed us to collect patient-reported outcome measures electronically at specified times before and after total joint replacement to monitor for any complications or deterioration of their joints. With a surgical history of over 15,000 patients, it is difficult to monitor them all on a regular basis. This system allows me to track patients annually with electronic updates on their experience,” said Dr. David Fisher, an orthopedic surgeon in Indianapolis.
Wellbe’s PRO Collection solution includes:
- Online pre-surgery PRO collection
- Post-surgery PRO collection at intervals of your choice
- In-practice patient enrollment
- Automated patient reminders and care team alerts on uncompleted surveys
- Monthly PRO data reports for surgeons and administrators
- Extraction of data files for submission to registries like AJRR
“While the ability to collect patient-reported outcomes has been a part of our comprehensive solution since 2009, this data is proving to be vital for providers who need to quantify the value of their care,” said James Dias, CEO of Wellbe. “We continue to work with industry innovators to explore new applications for outcomes data.”
About Wellbe (http://www.wellbe.me)
High-performing health systems use Wellbe’s Integrated Care Delivery to move from fragmented silos of care to value-driven service lines. Our web-based platform enables patients to participate as partners in their care while giving providers the ability to coordinate and monitor large patient volumes more effectively. Wellbe’s track record at hospitals across the U.S. shows that engaging patients in a coordinated plan of care that’s based on Connected CarePaths™ across the continuum results in reduced episode costs, higher patient satisfaction, fewer readmissions, and improved outcome scores.