The Platform Team Lead plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth and productive operation of Wellbe’s product development cycles. Many of the duties are similar to an agile development Scrum Master – running daily stand-up meetings, overseeing user story writing and life cycle in JIRA, leading estimation meetings, sprint retrospectives and iteration showcases. Most importantly, the Team Lead works with developers on a daily basis to answer questions, clarify feature requirements, clear bottlenecks, and triage issues. In addition, this role is responsible for coordinating efforts among Quality Assurance, Devops, Product, and Customer Success teams. On a broader scope, the Team Lead works with the CTO to identify, prioritize and plan quarterly and annual team goals and deliverables.
What Are The Responsibilities Of The Platform Team Lead?
- Facilitate the operation of day-to-day activities within the platform development team
- Coordinate efforts among design, development, integrations, quality assurance, and devops
- Answer iteration-related questions, address issues from team members
- Run daily stand-ups, iteration planning, showcases and sprint retros
- Oversee scheduled releases and hotfixes, test post-release success, publish release notes
- Ensure and measure team productivity, identify and address process bottlenecks
- Manage JIRA projects, process flow, story writing, acceptance criteria
- Serve as primary liaison to collaborations with product and customer success teams
- Participate in on-going quarterly planning and annual goal-setting exercises
- Communicate regularly with CTO on status of features and iteration, team issues, and key decisions
What Agile Team Experience Is Preferred?
- 2-3 years experience as Scrum Master or similar agile project management role on small to mid-size project teams
- A track record of successful work with development and product team members
- Demonstrated familiarity with agile development practices, tools and metrics
- Demonstrated success in software delivery
What Personal Qualities Is Wellbe Seeking?
- The ability to work collaboratively with others, both within the platform team and with cross-functional team members, knowing when to be assertive and when to defer judgment
- A strong drive for operational excellence that aims to optimize productivity and achieve high quality results consistently and on time
- The ability to manage and prioritize a multiplicity of tasks and issues simultaneously
- A personal style that emphasizes the desire to help others be successful, maintaining a proactive, positive influence and reflecting patience even under pressure
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, the ability to communicate complex ideas with clarity and precision for a variety of audiences
- A devotion to personal excellence, continuous improvement, and professional growth by taking on and solving new challenges
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where rapid change and continuous innovation are the norm
Why Would You Want to Work at Wellbe, Inc?
Wellbe, Inc. is a fast-paced entrepreneurial company with a talented team committed to delivering innovative, high-value products and services to achieve market leadership. Our solution is in use by patients and providers at major U.S. hospitals. According to Modern Healthcare, Wellbe, Inc. was selected as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work. Visit our website to learn more.
What Benefits Does Wellbe Offer?
Wellbe offers a competitive wages and benefits package in an environment that will challenge and inspire you. Highlights include 100% company-paid individual health insurance, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability; a 401K plan with up to 4% company match; a flexible spending account program; dental and vision insurances; paid holidays; work/life balance Paid Time Off policy; and a casual dress code.
This position is full-time based in Wellbe’s headquarters in Madison, WI and reports to Wellbe’s Chief Technology Officer.
Do We Have Your Attention?
If so, then we want to talk to you. Please apply here and include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.